Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nicole Wray - Spotlight Grooves Interview (Pics)


Sorry the solution is a little dark.

Spotlight Grooves (2007)
Spot Light Grooves: Miss Nicole Wray, how are you doing?
Nicole Wray: I am bless, so bless, I'm excited tonight
Spot Light Grooves: It's a lot energy in the building
Nicole Wray: O yes, yes
Spot Light Grooves: Are you coming out with new music
Nicole Wray:Actually, yes I am but we have no date, I've been really pertige in the album. It's just amazing, I've been working with uh Focus with Aftermath. I'm out in Atlanta now. I'm really enjoying myself, like trying to get back into the swinging thing, I took a break, I just needed time for me, get some time for me, I've been in this industry since I was [pause] thirteen, you know I just need time for me to just [pause] you know do me. So ya, we working on a album, we don't have a title yet, it's pretty amazing, it's real street, you know we kinda pick up where i left off. you know what i'm what sayin and um, I'm excited about it, it real colorful, its edgy, got some sexy ballads on it.
Spot Light Grooves: Now you had some really tight tracks on the first album, you working with the same producers?
Nicole Wray: No I'm working with the same producers, actually right now, I'm working with Focus, he's with Aftermath, he did a couple songs for uh, Destiny's Child, 112, Lloyd Banks, Buck, Young Buck, he's with Dre right now working on Tie Top. So, he done some things for my brother and I (Kenny Wray). It's just out in Atlanta it's just like, you be free and be creative and thats what we been doing. We've been having a good time, man. No pressure, it shouldn't be pressure because it's a gift, you should be able to relax and do what you wanna do became it's a gift from God. You shouldn't have somebody like [Urrggggghhhh], It's what i love to do, So i've just been having a ball. My sister just came to Atlanta and my nieces, she wanna get in the studio, and i um trying to think of some stuff for her. Cause she really edgy. So maybe we'll do some rock on her, me and my brother will write some rock stuff on her.
Spot Light Grooves: Alright, So it's a family affair. Your father owns the label. So you guys are putting out independent album and it's much more free. Now how is it like, you kinda grew up in the industry now you're a grown woman, how do feel coming back out with this time.
Nicole Wray: MAN, i feel so free, i don't feel like i got cuffs on me, I just feel like I'm able to be me, be Nicole Wray, everybody likes, everyone has an identity and while ago that I had no identity, but now i really feel like I'm writing, I'm being creative, I'm grown now, I have a opinion, I I have have say so. It's about me. So it feels great to be, you know in control. you what i'm sayin
Spot Light Grooves: So you're writing a lot on this album
Nicole Wray: A lot, lot of writing
Spot Light Grooves: you write anything in the first album
Nicole Wray: I didn't write anything on the first album
Spot Light Grooves: Alright, so um what is the story now, you know for when you come out what you gonna tell us. How Nicole Wray today in 2007
Nicole Wray: Wow it really about like it's a little struggle in their, we gonna balance it out , it's about family, the struggle, love, like just really some street. You know we really takin it, you know because i can't move a little, move away from the first album because that what they know me from, so i can't really go even though i have pop, i got rock in me, i got uh soul, i got gospel, I got all of that in one, but i gotta go back where I left off at. So really gonna take it to the streets, it's real guter, but it's Malotic and it's Soulful you what i'm saying. Um it ain't no Neo Soul, not knocking neo soul, but it's real back to Mary J. Blige "411". that's what we doing
Spot Light Grooves: Alright, Alright, that sounds good
Nicole Wray: Definitely keep your eyes open because i'm coming, when i say coming like a hurricane, that were
Spot Light Grooves: Si [interrupted]
Nicole Wray: I'm coming
Spot Light Grooves: Sing a little bit of something for us
Nicole Wray: [Singing] When I say i'm coming, you better lock your doors, when I say i'm coming you betta lock ya doors. yay [Finished Singing]
Spot Light Grooves: Alright, thank you Nicole Wray, love it, Spotlight Grooves.com
Nicole Wray: What up yall, it's your girl Nicole Wray aka Betty Boo. Catch me on Spotlight Grooves.com. Holla at me