Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ledisi Coming Back With "Turn Me Loose".

According to Ledisi, the album was heavily inspired by listening to Buddy Miles' "Them Changes" for over and over for two months. Ledisi later stated,

"I cried when I first heard this album in 2008. I cried because I heard and felt the pain, the spirit in his voice it moved me. I wanted that freedom I heard in his voice. I wanted to scream and give my all without thinking," she explains adding, "I studied Buddy's life and his music, which led me back to Mr. Jimi Hendrix, Mr. Prince, Mr. Sly, Mr. Fela Kuti and Mr. James Brown. I heard FREEDOM in their music."
Tracklisting
"Runnin'"
"Everything Changes
"Turn Me Loose"
"Higher Than This"
"Alone"
"Love Never Changes"
"Please Stay"
"Knockin'"
"Say No"
"Goin' Thru Changes"
"I Need Love"
"Trippin'"
"Answer to Why"
"Crazy/Them Changes" (Bonus track)
The album will be released on August 18, 2009.